Sunday, August 16, 2009

08-16-09 PM - What if You've Been Missing the Key to Life?



Here is the link for the audio of this file: What if You've Been Missing the Key to Life?

OUR NEED
1. SEE WHY JESUS CAME
Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

2. SEE WHAT JESUS SAW
Matthew 9:36 When he looked out over the crowds, his heart broke. So confused and aimless they were, like sheep with no shepherd.

Matthew 20:34 Some blind people told Jesus they wanted to see: Deeply moved, Jesus touched their eyes. They had their sight back that very instant, and joined the procession.

Matthew 23:37 Jesus looked out over the city of Jerusalem: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me.”

3. SEE HOW JESUS LIVED
Matthew 8:20 Jesus said, "Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but I, the Son of Man, have no home of my own, not even a place to lay my head."

4. SEE HOW JESUS DIED


OUR GOAL
Mark 10:43-44 Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be the slave of all.

1. WHY AM I HERE?

2. WHAT DO I SEE?

3. HOW DO I LIVE?
Mark 8:34-35 "If any of you wants to be my follower," he told them, "you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me. If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will find true life.”

4. HOW WILL I DIE?