Sunday, August 01, 2010

08-01-10 PM - Making a Generational Investment



Click here (or right click and select "save as") to download "Making a Generational Investment"

Ruth 4:18-22
Commitment #1 - I will love you regardless of what we face – 4:1-10.
Song: If you can’t be with the one you love; love the one you’re with.
Regardless of our past.

Regardless of the people we meet.

[1] Those that ignore us,
[2] those that hurt us,
[3] those that hinder us, and
[4] those that help us.
Regardless of the problems we face.

[1] Communication problems - you will be misunderstood. [2] Expectation problems - you will disappoint each other. [3] Financial problems – you may struggles to pay the bills and find monetary security. [4] Moral problems – you will stumble and make mistakes. [5] Health problems - eventually your health will fade and we will all die.
Commitment #2 I will walk with God personally and be an example of faith to my family –4:11-12.
He confessed God boldly - Deut. 6:4-6 He taught his faith regularly - Deut. 6:7
He lived his faith openly - Deut. 6:8-9

Commitment #3 - I will edify and encourage you to become your God-given best – 4:13.
She came to Bethlehem as "a foreigner" - 2:10.
She labored as the "lowest servant" - 2:13.
She was treated as a "maidservant" – 3:9.
She became Boaz’ "wife" - 4:13.

Commitment #4 - I will restore you 4:14-17.

This commitment makes four statements: I will hold you accountable.
I will forgive you.
I will guard your name.
I will restore you.


What kind of heritage are you leaving behind?
Be a Boaz or be a Ruth.