Sunday, March 25, 2012

03-25-12 PM - Testing of Our Faith, pt. 7


Click here (or right click and select "save as") to download "Testing of our Faith, pt. 7"


1JOHN 2:28-29                                      

28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1.Do we keep His commands                           (2:3-6)
2. Do we love our neighbor (7-11)
3. Do you grow in faith (12-14)
4. Do you love the World (15-17)
5. Do you guard against the antichrist or false teachers. (18-23)
6. Do you have the Gospel abiding in you    (24-27)
7. Do you abide in Christ (28-29)

ARE WE ABIDING
(28) And now, little children, abide in him.
Abide: to dwell, continue, stay, sojourn, rest in or upon.

1. We believe Jesus is the Son of God. 
1John 4:15-16 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.


2. We walk in fellowship with Christ.
1John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

3. We are quick to confess sin.

1John 1:6-10 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

4. We continue in the Word and know truth.
John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

5. We also let the word abide in our life.
1 John 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

6. We experience the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
1John 4:13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

7. We dwell in unity and love with other believers.
John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

8. We bear fruit and live a fruitful life.
 John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

8. We bear fruit and live a fruitful life.
Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

9. We walk in love toward others.
1John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

10. We do the will of the Father.
1 John 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

11. We experience continued anointing.
1 John 2:27 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2. WILL WE BE CONFIDENT AND UNASHAMED AT HIS RETURN (28)…
abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

1. Jesus Christ IS coming again.  
Matt. 16:27  For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Rev. 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

2. Our task is to be prepared.
 “confidence” (parrisian) means boldness or assurance.
“ashamed” (aischunthomen) means to shrink back; to sense guilt and disgrace or embarrassment.

2. Our task is to be prepared.
Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

2. Our task is to be prepared.
Rom. 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

3. THE PROOF OF ABIDING IS A RIGHTEOUS LIFE (29)   
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him. 

 Matt. 7:16-18 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Matt. 12:35  A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

I am a soldier in the army of my God.
The Lord Jesus Christ is my commanding officer.
The Holy Bible is my code of conduct, Faith, prayer and the Word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been taught by the Holy Spirit--
trained by experience, tried by adversity and tested by fire.
I am a volunteer in this army, and I am enlisted for eternity.
I will either retire in this army at the rapture or die in this army;

but I will not get out, sell out, be talked out, or pushed out.
I am faithful, reliable, capable, and dependable.
If my God needs me, I am there.
If He needs me in the Sunday school to teach the children,

work with the youth, help adults or just sit and learn I’ll be there.
He can use me because I am there!
I am a soldier.
I am not a baby. I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up, or pepped up.

I am a soldier.
No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me, or lure me.
I am a soldier. I am not a wimp.
I am in place saluting my King, obeying His orders, praising His name, and building His kingdom!

No one has to send me flowers gifts, food, cards, candy or give me handouts. I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for, or catered to.  I am committed.
I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around.
I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside.

I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.
If I end up with nothing, I will still come out ahead.
I will win. My God has, and will continue, to supply all of my needs.
I am more than a conqueror.
I will always triumph.

I can do all things through Christ.
Devils cannot defeat me.
People cannot disillusion me.
Weather cannot weary me.
Sickness cannot stop me.
Battles cannot beat me.
Money cannot buy me.

Governments cannot silence me and hell cannot handle me.
I am a soldier.
Even death cannot destroy me.
For when my Commander calls me from this battlefield He will promote me to Captain and then allow me to rule with Him.

I am a soldier in the army and I’m marching, claiming victory.
I will not give up.
I will not turn around.
I am a soldier marching, heaven bound.
~author unknown~