Sunday, February 05, 2006

Morning Service - Understanding God's Design for Marriage

Here is the link for the audio for this sermon:

Understanding God's Design for Marriage Audio

(Click to play in default browser or right click and choose "save link as..." to download and save)

Genesis 2:15-25

I need to leave behind:
    A. My Parents (verse 24)
    B. My Past Relationships
    - The disease of comparison sets in.
    - Selective forgetting sets in
    Stop comparing and start cultivating!
    C. My Problems
    - Excess baggage
    - Guilt, grudges, grief


I need to commit to:
    A. A life long covenant (verse 24)
    - Be united, Cleave = glue together
    B. A pursuit of intimacy continually
    - Hebrew man is 'Ish', woman is 'Issha' or female man
    Genesis 5:1-2 Mr. and Mrs. Adam
    C. A spiritual life cultivated
    - The more I love God, the more I love my spouse.


Why after 10,000 years is this male/female relationship being heavily attacked?
    1. Satan knows that strong families are the foundation of strong communities and strong nations.
    2. Satan knows that time is short.