Sunday, June 06, 2010

06-06-10 AM - One Month to Live: Learn Humbly



Click here (or right click and select "save as") to download "One Month to Live: Learn Humbly"

2 Corinthians 12:9  "My grace is all you need.  My power works best in weakness.  'So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.'"

1. Learn From My Losses.

Luke 22, "The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter.  Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him:  'Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.'  And he went outside and wept bitterly.'"

But he does say something to you.  He says because of the power of the cross, failure is never final. 
Because of the power of the cross, failure is never fatal. 

To learn humbly means I've got to take responsibility for my failures.

 Proverbs 28:13.  "A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful.  But if he confesses and forsakes them, he gets another chance." 


To learn humbly I also have to let go of my guilt. 

Mark 16:7, "But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee.  There you will see him, just as he told you.'" 


2.  Surrender to God's Strength.

Luke 9:23.  "Then he said to them all:  'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.'" 

3. Pursue God's Path.   
 
A lot of people say you need to love God more. But really you need to know how much God loves you. 

Psalms 119:32.  "I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free."
Jeremiah 29:11-13
. 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

“then you will call upon me and pray… You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart.

The call:  I have a call upon my life to greatness. 

After the call comes the wall. 

But then comes the third step, the fall. 

You can either fall on your face or fall on your knees.

Psalms 20:7
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.  They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm."