Sunday, July 03, 2011

07-03-11 AM - Elements of Pursuing Christ



Click here (or right click and select "save as") to download "Elements of Pursuing Christ"

Matthew 16:24

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Becoming a kingdom class disciple.
1.Personally Pursuing Christ;
2. Becoming part of a vibrant community;
3. Serving out of our passions;
4. Reproducing His life in others.

Discipleship is all about displaying the qualities of the one we follow.          

Element #1 FIND SOMEONE WORTHY TO PURSUE
“Oh you of little faith …do you still not understand.”
John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
Acts 1:4-5;8 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit."                                                  8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Matthew 16:13 "Who do people say the Son of Man is?" 
“But who do you say that I am”.
“Thou art the Christ the Son of the living God.”

John 1:29;35 “Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.”

Element #2 LISTENTO HIS VOICE     (Know it)
John 10:27  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
Exodus 3:1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight--why the bush does not burn up." When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am." "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.                                                                                         

1Kings 19:1-18 Read

1. It will always line up with what the Word says.
2. Does it bare witness with your spirit.
3. Be sure to get council from trusted proven leaders.
4. Does it carry a peace with it?

Element #3 FOLLOW WHERE EVER HE LEADS

John 12:26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

And where I am, my servant also will be.

There will some things that will stand true for all of us:

Element #4 OBEY HIS COMMMANDS                                                                            

Mat 6:15  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Mat. 18:21-22  Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" 22 Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Mat.8:22 "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

Mat. 16:24 If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Mat.19:21 If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Lk. 9:61-62 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Lk. 6:22 Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.

Lk. 14:26  "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple.

John 21:22 Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."

2Tim. 3:16-17  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.